PhD Publication 'Revisiting intuitive interaction - steps towards an integral view of interaction'



My PhD was undertaken in the department of cultural studies; my supervisor Dr Matthew Fuller is very interested in critical software studies.

My thesis deals with a critical discussion of rationally based HCI and interaction approaches, and suggests a more integrated approach. It also explored issues of sub conscious perception, cognitive and enactive perception. The practice based part explores innovative qualitative research and design methods in the context of experimental interaction scenarios.

My supervisor choose the ideal examiners for this kind of work, resulting in an animated and very constructive viva. I am very grateful for all the support and advice I have received.It helped me to gain a new perspective on my subject area, expand my research techniques, and introduced me to very innovative thinkers and writers in the areas of HCI / interaction and techno-culture.



Year: 2008